ROGUE AUDIO RP-5 V2. High-end preamplifier.
The RP-5 was the first preamplifier based on our groundbreaking new RP-X platform. Now the RP-5 v2 builds upon that award winning heritage with world-class technology borrowed from the RP-7, RP-9, RH-5, and Triton II. The new RP-5 v2 improves both sound quality and overall performance well beyond that of the original.
The new volume control circuit now has the same refinement as the RP-7 and RP-9 with 0.5dB steps for more precise control and a lower noise floor. The headphone circuit incorporates technology from the RH-5, and with both improved sound and power, it will get the best performance from even the most difficult to drive headphones.
The phono stage in the RP-5 v2 is now directly derived from our Triton II dedicated phono preamp. The RP-5 v2's new phono circuit is quieter, better sounding, and has higher gain than its predecessor. With four different user adjustable levels of gain ranging from 43dB to 65dB you can easily accommodate virtually any cartridge. A wide variety of loading options means your favorite cartridge can be precisely configured to sound its very best.
Other features include a home theater bypass, processor loop, and mono function. The ten button remote allows you to conveniently access volume, balance, selector, mute, mono and on/off from your listening position.
The display of the RP-5 v2 has also been upgraded to an easy-to-read and defeatable OLED display with improved contrast. The soft blue display provides volume, balance and source information in large easy to read characters.
- Four tube mu-follower design
- Ten function remote control
- OLED display (defeatable)
- Home Theater bypass/Unity gain inputs
- Five pairs of inputs (Line1-4, Phono, or Line 1-5)
- Two pairs of variable outputs
- One pair of fixed outputs
- Processor loop
- Heavy duty gold plated RCA inputs
- Machined aluminum faceplate and knobs
- Tube based headphone amp
- 43dB, 48dB, 57dB, 65dB gain phono stage
- RIAA equalization within 0.1 DB
- User adjustable cartridge loading
- Massive power supply
- Slow start turn on sequencing
- Auto mute at turn on/turn off
- Detachable IEC power cord
- Fully tested, burned in and auditioned
- 3 year limited warranty (6 months on tubes)
- Proudly hand crafted in the USA!
- Tube complement: 4 x 12AU7/ECC802 tubes
- Frequency response: 5Hz – 100KHz +/- 1 dB
- THD: <0.1%
- Gain line stage: 11 dB
- Rated output: 1V
- Output impedance: <100 Ohms
- Gain phono stage: 43dB, 48dB, 57dB, 65dB
- RIAA accuracy: +/- 0.1 dB
- Dimensions: 18.5 ”W X 4.5 ”H X 17” D
- Weight 30 pounds
- Shipping weight 35 pounds
- Power requirements 120/240V – 50/60Hz